Ramappa Lake is situated near NH 163 in Palampet village of Venkatapur Mandal, Mulugu district, Telangana, India.
237 k.m. from Hyderabad
70 k.m. from Warangal
1 k.m from Ramappa Temple
Ramappa Lake is a magnificent example of irrigation work of Kakatiya Rulers constructed in 13- Century A.D. during Ganapathi Deva’s time. Its water is spread over an area of more than 82 Sq.Kms with lush greenery all around. The lake is overlooked by beautiful hill ranges in the background providing a spectacular view especially at Sunset time. It is an excellent place for vanabhojanam (picnic) and one can simply come here and relax under the shade of sprawling trees or walk around appreciating the beauty of nature or have a fascinating boat ride.
There are excellent huts, eight in number and a good restaurant cum dining hall around Ramappa Lake but these are lying unused because of lack of proper maintenance. A tourism Rest House is also there near the Lake, which has three rooms and a dining hall. ACME group is operating a boating facility to the Tourists in the Lake.
- Lake bund is renovated near the Guest House and arrangements are made to enjoy lake view
- Regular Motor Boating facilities provided by CMEY group on rental basis
- Cafetaria facility provided for the tourists
- Special Buses from Warangal arranged for Temple and Lake visit on Saturday and Sundays
- Bush clearance has to be carried out on both sides of the bund to give a facelift to the entire area.
- Flowering Plants have to be planted and a garden has to be laid out on the bund near the Tourism Rest House.
- The Temple which is in a dilapidated condition near the Tourism Rest House needs to be renovated. Moreover, the smaller temples on the other side of the bund need to be improved.
- The Huts and Rest House can be leased out to a private person who shall maintain them and run on profit basis.
- Dustbins have to be kept to prevent littering in place.
- Boards have to be provided at every 10 Kms on the road from Warangal to Ramappa Lake for giving directions and attracting the tourists.
- 1 Km road for horse riding.